Best China Sourcing company
That Drives Profit Growth
A complete guide to control the product quality of Chinese suppliers
The supplier always told you they have to delay the delay because of poor incoming materials. What is the cause of poor incoming materials?
The analysis is as follows:
1. It is found that the incoming materials are bad after they were put into production, and the materials need to be returned and supplemented. There are loopholes in the IQC inspection.
2. The identification of material number, PO number/batch, supplier code, quantity, etc. are not clear, which affects the warehouse receipt.
3. The packaging is inappropriate, the design is not considered, and the transportation protection is not enough, resulting in poor incoming materials.
4. IQC inspection standards, material approval standards, and supplier production standards are not uniform, and they are fighting each other.
5. The supplier’s factory inspection OQC is not in place, and defective products flow out.
6. The supplier’s process IPQC control is not in place, the key craft’s control is lacking, and the process route and operation guidance are unclear.
7. The purchaser is vague about the supplier’s material approval standards, and there is no basis for IQC inspection.
8. The engineer approved by the purchaser picks out 1 qualified product from 10 samples and seals the samples for the sake of sealing. The supplier is not capable of mass production.
9. The supplier’s supplier has received poor materials.
It seems that a small phenomenon of poor incoming materials has so many influencing factors, which is shocking.
As mentioned earlier, improving delivery time is the optimization and improvement of the company’s system. However, under most companies’ current management system, only the purchasing department is responsible for the full set of responsibilities, which is obviously unfair.
In a company with a sound quality system, quality is “prevented” rather than “detected.” Quality management is the whole process behavior throughout the company’s internal and external. But the reality is that the quality departments of most small and medium-sized enterprises only serve as judges and only say “NO”, without thinking and solving problems from the system and standards.
In this regard, we recommend solving the procurement quality problems from the three aspects of “know, do, and prevent” to ensure that the delivery time is controllable.
1. Know: Standards and languages must be consistent.
What the purchaser wants and what the supplier provides should maintain a common language and standard of communication. First of all, it is necessary to ensure that both parties know it and form a standard written document.
For materials customized according to the purchaser’s specifications and the necessary standards such as specifications, inspection items, certification, etc, the tolerance, color difference, transportation packaging, and product packaging requirements of the materials are often ignored by the purchaser. This is related to the R & D designer’s professional level, the degree of understanding of the supplier’s equipment adaptation, production feasibility, and the operation process of the manufacturing enterprise. For example, there may be color difference for different batches. At this time, it is necessary to make the acceptable range of color difference, and adjust the standard requirements of both parties in time, so that the supplier can produce and the purchaser receives and inspects according to the new standard.
From this point of view, it is very necessary for suppliers to intervene in product development early and develop and design with suppliers. In the design stage, ensure that the supplier can meet the purchaser’s standards and requirements, and the supplier can also implement your standards and requirements in the factory.
2. Do: implementation and tracking must be implemented to ensure the gains.
Know, more needs to be done. According to the characteristics of the materials, the customized technical and quality engineers should participate in the inspection of the supplier’s key incoming materials before the supplier’s first batch production, go deep into the supplier’s production process, and participate in the quality process management, especially the key control point to ensure that the delivered materials are qualified materials. Require the supplier gain your approval of the material before the production.
However, most companies’ status quo lacks quality control systems, processes, and specifications, not to mention the suppliers extending to the suppliers, not to mention the involvement of the suppliers in the manufacturing process; the internal companies are also doing their own things. The research and development design admits that the purchase is buried in the PO, the supplier is buried in the production, and the delivery is buried in the IQC inspection. Everyone is immersed in the work, but the result is not qualified.
3. Prevent: Establish a “spiral improvement system” of feedback, processing, and correction.
The goal of procurement quality management is to maximize the control of the occurrence of abnormalities. It is not simply binary management of “0 or 1” and “black or white”, but should be based on the actual situation of the enterprise to establish a “spiral for feedback, handling, and correction of procurement quality problems” Style improvement system”.
Once poor incoming materials appear, the spiral improvement mechanism should be triggered immediately. Establish an improvement team with the supplier, conduct problem investigation and tracking, check the inventory of related raw materials and work-in-process, review the causes of quality problems, formulate temporary and long-term improvement measures, and continue to track them.
To deal with suppliers’ quality problems, rules must also be established, starting with courtesy and then soldiers, from questioning, warning, to fine, delisting, escalation, and rules to follow.
Purchasers must ensure that the right materials are purchased at the right time and at a reasonable price. A careful analysis is shocking. Quality management is the whole process behavior throughout the company’s internal and external. It is recommended to establish a “spiral improvement system” for feedback, handling, and correction of procurement quality problems from the three aspects of “know, do, and prevent” to ensure that the delivery time is controllable.
Your China Import Success Story Starts Here. Find How We Can Help You Drive More Profit.
Ready to speak with an importing expert?
Please give us a call or e-mail.
156+ Serving Countries Around the World
50+ China Sourcing and Shipping Masters On Staff
300+ Carrier and Forwarders Cooperating per Month
1,000+ Verified Manufacturers, Wholesalers, and Traders Dealing per Month