Best China Sourcing company
That Drives Profit Growth
7 Tips to stop the delay delivery of China suppliers
The delivery delay is a big problem. Suppliers always delay delivery due to various reasons. In the end, the customer has no other choice but to get angry and be forced to accept it. You can’t fly to China to find suppliers for an order! So the question is, how to deal with delivery delays?
First of all, we must take measures against suppliers who breach the contract!
1. After the supplier has overdue the delivery, the supplier will be downgraded according to the situation.
2. If the overdue delivery is very serious and causes a certain loss to the customer, then there should be a penalty letter for overdue delivery.
3. If the supplier’s attitude is still bad after the delivery date is delayed, and the supplier does not have the spirit of contract, he should be punished with liquidated damages. Note: The proportion of penalty for late delivery is generally not more than 30% of the loss caused.
How terrible is a supplier without the spirit of the contract?
In order to prevent such things from happening again, the buyer can take some preventive measures:
1) Summarize the factory’s production habits and determine the normal delivery period. If the relationship with the factory is good, you can give the factory some suggestions for improving management. It is better to find the cause than to find the reason.
2) Choosing a supplier is very important. Don’t look for large, domineering factories, but find a medium or small scale (with support value), good quality, and high degree of cooperation.
Let the factory give the start date of order production, daily routine output, and estimated end date. If the factory regards you as its main customer, you can even ask them to make a production schedule and update it for you every few days, so that you can have a clearer grasp of the production situation.
3) Suppliers who often delay delivery will indirectly affect your costs and profits. Therefore, it is recommended to evaluate suppliers regularly.
4) Frequently communicate with suppliers to understand their recent orders and production status. When the factory is in difficulty, such as placing an order to the factory during the off-season, it may help the factory tide over the difficulties and even save the factory’s life. In this way, the factory will do its best to help you during peak seasons. On the contrary, the factory arranges your order to the end when it is busy.
5) Don’t completely trust the factory, sometimes the factory will be pressured to tell you that the goods are finished. You should ask the factory to take a few photos to show that they finished the production. Even hire a Chinese sorcing service company to help you go to the factory to check the real production situation and progress of the factory at any time.
6) For some orders with relatively high delivery time requirements, tell the factory that the delivery delay cannot exceed * days, otherwise the shipping schedule will be delayed. The consequences are borne by the factory.
7) Large orders need to be notified to the factory in advance to avoid the situation where the factory is busy and other customers have already promised delivery. Try to let the factory know your order cycle so that the factory can consider for you in the production plan.
So for the suppliers that have already cooperated, we should also take some measures to improve their delayed delivery.
How to improve supplier backorders?
The tracking and improvement of supplier delivery dates should start with the establishment of delivery improvement indicators and understanding the causes of problems. Gradually compare actual and planned goals to find ways to improve delivery. Buyers should always uphold the attitude of “prevention” is better than “treatment”, and take the initiative to inquire and communicate with suppliers before problems occur.
1. Establish indicators of delivery improvement with suppliers and make them understand the calculation benchmarks.
2. Count the types of delivery problems and understand the reasons for their occurrence, as well as the ratio of late delivery to early delivery. In accordance with the 80/20 principle, control key projects.
3. Regularly announce delivery performance to suppliers, review statistical records of delivery accuracy, and compare with delivery plan targets.
4. Formulate action plans and countermeasures with suppliers to improve delivery accuracy.
5. Continuous follow-up assessment and review of suppliers until the delivery time is improved.
In actual work, the situation faced by buyers may be more difficult, but there are always more solutions than difficulties. The problem can be solved by finding the problem and working with the supplier.
Your China Import Success Story Starts Here. Find How We Can Help You Drive More Profit.
Please give us a call or e-mail.
156+ Serving Countries Around the World
50+ China Sourcing and Shipping Masters On Staff
300+ Carrier and Forwarders Cooperating per Month
1,000+ Verified Manufacturers, Wholesalers, and Traders Dealing per Month